View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 23:08   Link #65
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
though i agree with you for the most part, you are still way more positive than i am when it comes to naruto. i admit that kishi is better than kubo as a writer but unfortunately, i can't say that naruto still entertains me. i read naruto out of habit and because i want to read it all the way to the end. i rarely stop reading a series i've started. i want to know how it ends, that's all. so i guess, in a way, kishi still manages to interest me. but then again, kubo also does that for me. what i do enjoy is the discussions i get in this forums.
I really can’t help but feel positive because I still don’t feel that Naruto is as bad as Bleach (and I am a pessimistic-optimist ). There will always be times in this series where I feel like I have to grudge through it, but I’ve lost all the excitement with Bleach. I’ll get hooked on maybe one or two chapters that never get explained. But like you, I want to finish both series and it’s become a habit to read them weekly. And even if I don’t post on the forum, reading what others have to say about a chapter can brighten up my day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I've been conditioned to expect this in Bleach too. Villain about to be defeated? Time for a sad backstory.
Yeah but in Bleach it typically happens after the villain dies and it feels shoe-horned in. At least Kishimoto, for the most part (ignoring the numerous times Itachi has been rewritten), works in the conflict and ‘character development’ during the fight. I would say we just endured part of that. We are supposed to feel sorry for Obito in the end because his backstory will somehow conflict with some information leaked either by Madara or Kakashi (prehaps undead Rin) during these next few chapters and it will change his character into a more sympathetic–tragic type. He will either go insane or turn on Madara—but it will probably be the latter. Kishimoto has done this many, many times, as James pointed out.