View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 13:24   Link #78
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Fans still fondly remember Tayuya, Sakon, and Kidomaru even without a classic Kishimoto sympathetic back story told in a flashback.
I think people only remember Tayuya because there are lots of fans that like shipping her with Shikimaru...though that has been replaced with HinataxTayuya fans recently (which is admittedly much hotter )

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(Plus many thought she was a potential Uzumaki based on the anime depiction of her hair colour.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that's true, but also pretty obvious. if a villain has an extensive backstory it means that they are a complex character who has more redeeming qualities than a typical villain and therefore has a much higher chance of redeeming themselves when put in a specific scenario
Which is exactly what I said earlier , but you disliked the fact that I included Kabuto as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
orochimaru, who will not be redeemed if the story is good. also danzo has had numerous flashbacks now. he's always been an evil bastard and responsible for some of the other villains you mentioned becoming bad in the first place. and i'd expect madara to join this list of lengthy flashbacks with no redemption
Orochimaru and Danzou never had extensive flashbacks. Each has had maybe a few pages in a chapter at best.

That being said, I do not expect any flashbacks from Madara. Kishimoto will have already abused the technique extensively this year, so adding yet more flashbacks would be simply annoying.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-26 at 13:35.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote