View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 21:39   Link #437
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I never found Usagi-chan annoying at all. ;( Who couldn't relate to her? She just wanted to be normal and have fun....and these stupid monsters keep trying to screw up her life! I know the other senshi didn't whine....but I found them to be less realistic. The other four are the same age yet none of them showed reluctance or fear to fight? They all just accept it and don't complain!
That's just weird!

But Usagi IS much more mature in the manga. The anime really flanderized her character for "teh funny". It pissed me off....
I think that Usagi's progression from the first season to Stars worked out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFairy View Post
Man, I'm so gonna get slammed for that. For the record: I am a fan. And I loved Mamoru during the beginning of the series. But... I think that Sailor Moon ran one or two seasons too long. Maybe it was to follow the manga series, but I really don't know.

Now I have really go to get ahold of those manga. Or at least the summary.
I don't know about that. I'd say that Stars was the second-best season. It certainly has a kick-ass ending.

The problem was mostly that the creators didn't really know what to do with all the characters. When they did, the show clicked pretty well. Ikuhara's interview gives us a good explanation of the problem with Mamoru.