View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 12:16   Link #11075
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So, picked this back up again after a few month hiatus (I go in shifts with manga). Just finished the whole Jet Black Wedding arc and about half of the current arc (up until the demon-looking guy appeared).

The Wedding arc wasn't too bad. I liked seeing a more human Medaka. However, all the word play grew a bit tedious after awhile. I know it's Nishio's bread and butter, but for foreign readers, it's a bit of a nightmare. Kudos to the scanlation group for actually making it somewhat understandable for us gaijin.

Excited to see a Shiranui-based arc finally. I haven't fully caught up yet, but if Hansode was Medaka's "double" and the Shiranui family supports the Kurokami family, does that mean that Hanten is someone's double as well?
Kinda feel similarly about the wordplay. Not enough to make me drop the manga, but it is something which takes time to penetrate the language barrier. So thanks Redkey and Kurosu.

I know he had an arc focusing on why he follows Medaka, but I still feel they haven't analyzed Zenkichi's character enough.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-11-09 at 12:31.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote