View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 12:37   Link #131
Itlandm
Porcupine

A very good episode in terms of psychology. The whole series makes sense because of this episode. But it lays a very heavy burden on the next episode. It could easily break the series, or else leave it unresolved. In a way, I had expected this all to happen in the second-to last episode, in which the outcome of the confrontation would resolve the story. (Specifically, by Dark Flame Master taking her side during the confrontation with the Priestess, this time fighting seriously, and Rikka would realize that overcoming the Priestess would not change reality and bring her father back. The world is not so easily banished.) But given the number of episodes left, I expect non-resolution.

It is quite likely that Rikka's mother suffered a psychotic breakdown and may be unfit for parental duty. Either officially or in her own mind. She may fear that she would do something awful, for instance. Things like that happen. For all we know she may have been mentally frail before - Rikka's happy memories seem to be of her father mainly.

My respect for Touka has been steadily growing. I hope the next episode does not let her down.