Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 11:56   Link #2418
night_sentinel

^
^
^
That is certainly unexpected... I still prefer other characters for Saki though. And I'm currently shipping ShizuxAko so yeah...

@ Felyndiira
I would also like to apologise for taking a bit long to reply, I had to finish a project that was due tomorrow.

Anyway back to our discussion, it seems that our only remaining point of contention is the speed wherein Kasumi and Toki reach their wins.

The reason why I felt that Toki has normal draws was because she wasn't able to stop Teru who was able to win in about 6-7 turns on average. Kirame's constant calling only hinders Teru and is actually beneficial to Toki at times. And during this match up, there are many times that Toki's hand wasn't even in tenpai when Teru pulls her winning hand.

But, then again looking at the data you have presented, perhaps I was a bit too harsh on Toki. After all, Toki's last match may not be the best indicator of her hand completion rate due to the simple fact that she was facing TERU. It is entirely possible that Toki has a better hand completion speed than was shown in the match

If Toki has a 7-9 turn hand completion rate in average, then I do agree that Toki's hand completion rate = Kasumi's hand completion rate

Regarding Kasumi's purification, I don't think it is a stamina thing. As Proto said it was more of a flexibility thing - Kasumi is stuck on that mode until she does a purification ritual. In this Toki I suppose exceed Kasumi so Toki flexibility > Kasumi's flexibility

So in conclusion what we have right now for Toki vs. Kasumi is this:

Toki's defence >= Kasumi's defence
Toki's speed = Kasumi's speed
Toki's firepower < Kasumi's firepower
Toki's flexibility > Kasumi's flexibility
Toki's stamina <= Kasumi's stamina (team)
Toki's stamina < Kasumi's stamina (individual)

Looks like Toki and Kasumi ended up about even.

Anyway continuing on our line of discussion, a friend of mine asked me about this situation. If Toki calls a tile when Kasumi was about to win will it disrupt her?

On the surface it would appear the answer would be an obvious yes. But, Kasumi has a magnet type ability like Kuro and it seems that no amount of change in the drawing order stops the desired tiles from coming toward their hand. From what I read on the manga, calling hasn't seem to have broken Kasumi's one suit. If you think about it, any call should have shifted the drawing order so that at least one of Kasumi's opponent would get the restricted suit. But looking at the discards yields a different story - Kasumi's one suit ability remained absolute.

Now, for the purpose of this example let's say Kasumi's one suit for this turn is the bamboo. Toki saw Kasumi winning with the nine bamboo next turn. She then calls to shift the drawing order. Kasumi ended up missing her turn.

But, then what happens to the nine of bamboo that Kasumi was suppose to win with? it can't go to the other player due to Kasumi's ability. So where is it?
Will it merely be pushed back allowing Kasumi to still draw it in her next turn and thus win?
Or will Kasumi get a different tile and thus the disruption be successful?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote