Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 14:06   Link #1848
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We don't know what will come about, but I predict the final showdown would be Tiger vs Tiger. I cannot imagine Miho using the IV, up-gunned or not, to face her older sister (where is the epicness in that?). That is, if they are going the predictable route.
Panzercraft is explicitly a team sport, so the one-on-one conflict isn't so important. Besides, the imagery of a Pz. IV beating a Tiger I fits with the rest of the show better.

Quote:
I think its less conventional to have two characters who previously held grudges join forces to defeat a common foe (and I lose that term loosely, btw).

Its too predictable for Miho just level-up, face Maho and defeat her, which is what this story seemed to be headed. Not that I mind, but I rather the both of them return to better days.
I don't think that there are any grudges held between Miho and Maho. Maho was disappointed in her little sister, but there's no indication that she blames her for anything. Likewise, Miho bears no animosity towards her big sister - she's just ashamed of letting her down. Miho did get ragged on, but it was Erika doing all the ragging.

I get the feeling that the reason Miho dropped out of Panzercraft is because she felt that she let her team down, and not as a result of anyone pressuring her to do so. Or at least not anyone in her family.

In any case, it'll come down to victory by employing superior tactics, not to whomever has the better gear.

Quote:
Not really. I don't know about GuP, but I see it in many other places, all the time. Motofumi being the more extreme example (and thats just one of many).

- Tak
There was only one war fought between Germany and the Soviet Union, and one of these sides lost very very badly. I wouldn't be surprised if anime/manga writers try to pretend that didn't happen though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Is the Tiger much more powerful or something? That's the first one they found in the latest episode right?
On paper, a Porsche Tiger is a lot better than a Pz. IV. It has better armor and a better gun, but it's slower and far more prone to breaking down. With an upgraded gun, the Pz. Iv is a potent threat to most tanks though. Of the tanks fielded by their future opponents, it'll only have problems with Black Forest's Tiger I and lots of problems with Pravda's IS-2.