Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 16:13   Link #24869
flying ^

Some non-STEM/Business college sure is gearing up future graduates in a dystopian post-America world...

Students Told to Disavow ‘American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality
http://www.thecollegefix.com

Quote:
A political science professor at Butler University asks students to disregard their “American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality, middle-class status” when writing and speaking in the classroom – a practice the school’s arts and sciences dean defended as a way to negate students’ inherent prejudices.

The syllabus of the course at Butler, a small Midwestern liberal arts institution in Indianapolis, spells out that students should use “inclusive language” because it’s “a fundamental issue of social justice.”

“Language that is truly inclusive affirms sexuality, racial and ethnic backgrounds, stages of maturity, and degrees of limiting conditions,” the syllabus states, referencing a definition created by the United Church of Christ.
... a disgruntled student with a funny surname speaks out.

Quote:
My name is Ryan Lovelace, and I dropped that politically correct political science class.

Clearly, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Butler University believes its students were raised as racist and misogynist homophobes who have grown to harbor many prejudices, a stance that is both offensive and hostile to any student’s ability to learn.

As a student at an institution predominantly focused on the liberal arts, I expected to hear professors express opinions different from my own. I did not expect to be judged before I ever walked through the door, and did not think I would be forced to agree with my teachers’ worldviews or suffer the consequences.

Being judged and forced to act a certain way is antithetical to how any institution of higher education should conduct itself.

As a journalism major, I will now strive to avoid the liberal arts college as much as possible, not because the college fails to provide its students with any practical knowledge, but because the college seeks to indoctrinate its students with a hostile paradigm that views people like me—an American, white, heterosexual male from a middle-class background—as evil; whitey-righty need not attend.

----------

Now... on to primary and secondary education front...

I'm fully aware there's a growing number of people (foreign & domestic) saying public education in the USA is on the decline.
... and here's the final nail on the coffin.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/ds2MCl2hLsU&autoplay=1

In one state (and more to follow in the near future...) they called it quits in closing the "achievement gap" the old-fashion, traditional way. Say good-bye traditional uniform standards and say hello NEW!!! 21st-century standards like this!