View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 10:07   Link #120
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Y'know, it's kinda a pity IMO that Bratty Saviour ended up in A-01. Partly due to being an idiot hero, it's like he can't form his own opinions, and really seems as though he's molded by his surroundings - just like how Yui changed from being a blur airheaded d'aww schoolgirl into a cold bitchy YAMATO DAMASHII!!! hardass due to 3 years of life in the IRG.

Contrast that with Yuuya, who changes because he wants to, and can defend his own POV and has friends who've got his back and think he's okay just how he is.

...secret message of Total Eclipse, perhaps: Band of Brothers before Harem.
I seriously disagree with this...

Show me one human being that isn't molded by their environment, just show me one.

The reason teens are not considered adults although they have the same physical maturity as adults is because in most cases teens have not developed their identity yet. They follow the character of their surroundings while they decide what kind of person they are. Once they have a defined personality, and goals in life, then they are able to set foot on their own path as an adult. It would be the duty of adults to shelter and protect these immature children until they are able to develop and stand on their own.

And saying Yuuya, who spent 16 years cursing his heritage due to his surroundings, and only seeing a different view point once he sees some Jelly ass, can change because he wants to... thats just so one sided...

Both of them change once outside of the environment they are used to. Yui just has lesser people she can interact with since she is an commanding officer, and command is always lonely, so no Band of Sisters for her. They all got Eaten. Doesn't mean that people who know them didn't notice the sticks in their asses got turned to Jelly...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.