View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 15:49   Link #66
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Here you completely ignore his own words. He says himself that his subconscious is responsible for all the "horrible" things that he didn't ever consciously wish for. And his death was anything but calm. His "great inner evil" destroyed his entire village before he could bring himself to end his life. I don't think Shun was an "evil" character but he himself held the view that his subconscious was troubled and that the acts that resulted were horrific to say the least.
It's called subconscious for a reason. It's not something you have control over, or are even aware of. Shun saw all this shit happening around him due to his power spiraling out of control and came up with this conclusion, this theory (informed, thanks to that book, but still just a theory) of what's happening with him. But he doesn't really know. All he knows is that he never wished for all that crap to happen, he never willed his power to do any of this. It just happened, and that's what makes it so tragic. In the end, he was just an unlucky guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Do pm me but I highly doubt anything at all can convince me to take this mutual crush of Shun and Saki to be true love.
What is true love anyway? I'm pretty sure everyone has their own personal take on this so it's a pretty irrelevant point in general. The fact is that Saki and Shun loved a each other, since they said as much (well, in the case of Saki it's her internal monologue that the anime skipped over, but her actions speak for themselves). That's all you need to know to understand why this is such a blow for Saki, and for anyone who can empathize with her. That's all there is to it now, since Shun is out of the game.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-12-01 at 20:27.