View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 05:05   Link #2932
novalysis

Here's a thought: I think we all know that the original Sword Art online volume 1 wasn't the best written of works, and had it's fair share of problems.

Can anyone who has managed to read SAO Progressive in it's entirety tell me how far Progressive has come from the Sins of the likes of ALO?

So far, from "Reasons behind the whisker", I think that it's fairly standard Shounenish fair, with an introverted and isolated Protagonist, though much better written than the original SAO, in terms of writing quality, with even more vivid characters.

Still, it feels that Kawahara didn't completely "reset" Kirito - he feels too much like later volume Kirito in some ways - and character development was one huge criticism of SAO (if, going by some of the more coherent and less rapid critiques floating around counts).

Of course, firstly, I think how Kirito actually developed in the original SAO Aincard Arc needs to be touched on more comprehensively.

Which is a shame - I think First Day Kirito was noticeably different from Alicization Kirito by a mile, but Reason Behind the Whiskers feels too much like Alicization Kirito at times. Maybe that's just me....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote