View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 18:39   Link #44
Enjou

In no particular order...

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna: Since it was yet another Sengoku Era gender bender I was expecting it to be rather mediocre. Turned out to be rather good.

Kingdom: The initial few episodes had a plot that was only just ok and the CG animation was jarring as all hell so I was tempted to drop it. I was pleasantly surprised that the animation team realized their mistakes and stopped relying on the CG gimmick so damn much. The plot and action improved quite a bit as well and the main character actually does experience character growth despite being uber hot blooded. Episode 18 and almost every episode after that all have at least one moment that I just have to watch over and over again and I always look forward to the next episode. If you dropped this in the early episodes I highly recommend picking it back up.

High School DxD: I enjoy ecchi series, but I still have only modest expectations for most of them. This one was so good it actually made me read the light novels.

Honorable mention...

Ixion Saga DT: Had very low expectations but it turned out to be a pretty amusing guilty pleasure. It's still something I'd only watch once, but certainly not a waste of time.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote