View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 21:31   Link #84
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
With regard to your second point, not all "hopes" and "dreams" are positives, try as you might to make them so by surrounding them in your sentence with negatives.
What could be negative about wanting the world to have more beautiful artwork?!

Quote:
The episode itself isn't as gray, Rita is clearly in the wrong. Is it because she wants Mashiro to go back to painting, and Mashiro currently doesn't feel like it? No. Different play on events could have yielded a "positive" impression. The wrong is she wants her to go to England, and now; as if either have any relation to her going back to painting.
My impression is that Rita doesn't trust that Mashiro will go back to painting unless Mashiro is under Rita's care and supervision again.

That being said, I get why this equating "going back to England" with "going back to painting" would seem odd to people. You can get great artwork out of Tokyo just as assuredly as you can get great artwork out of London.

However, I don't think that's the issue for Rita. It's that Rita wants to have Mashiro under her care, and out of her current environment where her manga hobby is strongly encouraged by fans of "sister" entertainment forms (such as anime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

"Who cares about what other people think, I'll do what I want..."[/I] pretty much sums up selfish.
Very well-said, and I completely agree. Which is why I didn't bother replying to the first part of Felix's post.