View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 01:16   Link #28278
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I got to say, I really do disagree with Unicorn being considered more important then Victory.

As it stands Victory was the last full series gundam Tomino directed (UC) and it does an important job of showing the future and how things had changed.

At this point I really don't think Unicorn should be considered any different then 08th Team or Stardust Memory as it's an OVA that was added to fill in the gap just like them.
I said Victory was optional because it’s exactly waaay in the future and not really closely related to the more well-known main conflict involving Zeon. IMO That’s not a good suggestion material for one who just want to start following UC. By no means I consider Victory worst or anything like that. Victory is just not of immediate importance in the context of this suggestion for a UC newbie.

Also, I don’t think Gundam Unicorn is a side story. One reason is that we have the returning main characters from the main story (not just cameo) like Kai, Beltorchika, Bright Noa, and Mineva (if you want to count her). Also, the event happened in Unicorn took center stage, not just side-story-ish battles like in 08th MS Team, MS IGLOO, etc.