View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 06:06   Link #31359
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
That interview sure is interesting, because Ryu is saying not that she couldn't choose between the three, but more that she was unwilling to let the any of the romances fail. It's like suicide was her plan all along, but she can't let a character die until their goal is achieved. Shannon can go at any time, as she gets the ring, Kanon does often die after a touching scene with Jessica and Beatrice dies once when she gives up and then once when Battler completes her.

Also while saying she sacrificed herself to keep everyone else on the island alive is sweet in the theory of the story, in practice it is a little bit bonkers.
Just a little bit. Honestly, I find it pretty creepy. I'm usually not a fan of Yandere. I prefer the murder game theory where all three characters die but the actor lives. It's somewhat less bonkers. Ikuko=Yasu ftw. It fit's with Will's analysis, too: "The only person who can kill a character (Beatrice) is their actor". The very fact that this distinction is made to me suggests that Beatrice's death does not mean Yasu's.

A side note, but I have to say dealing with Yasu's name has always been a bit difficult, because Yasu isn't Shannon or Kanon or Beatrice or Ikuko or anything. It's just the name we gave to the ultimate controller of that person's body. In Ikuko=Yasu, Ikuko is not really Yasu any more or less than Shannon or Beatrice is... Then again, even the personality structure of Yasu is a subject of debate and discussion.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote