Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 18:48   Link #3069
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I love how some people that I've talked to are saying that, given the alternate history of the Girls und Panzer world, Kelly's Heroes could be even considered fujoshi-bait in this setting. \

Historical discrepancies aside (Mizushima has still been silent on the actual details of WW 2 regarding Senshado's effects on it), but the fact is we've been hammered with the fact that being tanker isn't considered a man's job in this setting. Yet we have an in-universe "historical movie" (albeit a comedy) set during the war, with good-looking male soldiers (Clint Eastwood! Telly Savalas!), being chummy and sweaty in a tank.

Why wouldn't it be considered homoerotic fanservice?
Maybe in their world male riding tank is only seen in fiction story like how we only see girl ride a tank in a fiction story in real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, I thought it was rather dumb of Miho not to anticipate her big sister. She knows Black Forest's tanks specs and, roughly at least, their crews' skill. She has the same maps as Maho. She guessed that Black Forest would just attempt to curbstomp them. So why didn't she guess the point of contact?
That's common sense when you're fighting with a larger number of enemies.

Also, look at the map. What can Oarai do? They have both quality and quantity disadventage. If they are not heading to enemy position, they have to avoid them until they're ready. Miho just used her best plan.

Driving into the forest is also not recommended for tanks (especially in big number). That's why they're surprise when Blackforest and Saunder did it.