Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 18:24   Link #3278
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If I'm going to be drawn in, I at least want some of the element I came here for...
So, instead of moaning about nobody talking about the characters, why don't we have a conversation about them, instead a conversation about not having a conversation about them? This just seems silly to me.

I'll start with: why do so many of the characters (and perhaps viewers) think Miho is a great leader? I just don't understand. She seems weak, wishy-washy, confused most of the time, and not well suited to be the commandant. What am I missing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I say I dare you to find a 1 cour anime that has a dozen girls all developed properly in the given timeframe.
Although I'm not saying I diasagree with you, but how about half a dozen? Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho, as an example, with only 13 episodes, did an excellent job of portraying the six main female characters (as well as a few others, plus several male characters) so that they each came across as very unique individuals, not just nameless blobs in the crowd (or girls in the tanks). Even now I can remember their names, though it's been a while since I watched the series.

On the other hand, the only two faces I can name in this series, after eleven episodes in the last eleven weeks, are Miho and Maho. And I can only remember Maho as she happens to be Miho's sister. For me, this isn't because there's so many cast members that I'm overwhelmed, but because the characters, themselves, are not very prominent. And if Miho was not the main character, I probably wouldn't remember her name, either.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote