Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 09:35   Link #1747
Gohan78
Awakened One

"K" was a decent series overall. Excellent animation and voice work, interesting setting. The main problem was that the setting was too grandiose and the cast too large for a one-cours series. They didn't have time to explore all of the characters (I know that a lot of them are featured in the side novels but I am talking about the anime only).
I would've especially liked a flashback about Reisi and Mikoto's friendship, because it was weird seeing Reisi being so worried for Mikoto when we never saw them on friendly terms before.
Also, they mentioned seven Kings but the Green one and the White(?) one never showed up. This violates one of the golden rules of storytelling. I hope we'll get to see them in the second season.

I found the ending a bit too predictable, almost by-the-book. The Red King died as foreshadowed since the first episode; Shiro sacrificed himself to kill the Fox as expected (although he is definitely going to come back some way).
We never knew the Colorless King's original identity or why he became so obsessed with power. He wasn't a very compelling villain and the last-ditch effort to make him pitiable didn't work for me.

Concluding, I enjoyed the show and will definitely follow the second season but K won't get into my Top 10 anime list of 2012.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote