Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 15:27   Link #1541
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
With Tiger's thinner armor, getting 1k worth of dmg can be quite common.

With the Konigstiger... I survive, but with shells bouncing off me so often, I can't seem to always get a Steel Wall since I either die or hardly ever take 1k worth of dmg before end of a fight

- Tak
Steel Wall includes bounces, otherwise you wouldn't see tanks below Tier VI, which have less than 1000 HP get Steel Wall achievements. As an example, my Tier IV Matilda has only 370 HP, and certainly cannot withstand directly getting 1000 HP worth of damage, and yet I have two Steel Wall medals with it. Note the wording of the achievement includes "Potential Damage", and thus includes attacks that hit you but dealt no damage at all, including module hits and bounces. The variables likely preventing you from getting a Steel Wall are either as you mentioned getting killed, you didn't take 1,000 HP worth of total damage, you didn't get hit enough times (getting 1k worth of damage yet only taking a single hit in a match doesn't get you the medal) or someone else got the medal.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote