View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 03:24   Link #524
calubin_175

It is fully painted PVC, similar to those of Gundam Fix Figuration and EMSiA, but the finish is of a better quality, aka Volks professional finish by factory workers in China. Height is approximately 16-17cm. Shiranui, Fubuki and Strike Eagle are shorter ones though. The Phantom series are also shorter but have more volume.

Joints are okay, but difficult to manipulate, much like a complex Revoltech like the Blade Liger. There may be a chance of them breaking, but it may only apply to the older releases. I'll say poseable, but not as playable as Revoltechs due to the paint job and complexity of the joints.

Volks figures are always the industry leader in sculpt and looks, but A3s are also reasonably poseable. Kotobukiya has complete gimmicks and smooth surfaces as opposed to rough pvc. Their proportions are okay, not skinny like the Volks one. I personally think the Shiranui 2nd looks relatively disgusting in Koto but the rest are excellent. Revoltech are good for posing but their proportions do not do justice in capturing the beauty of TSFs.

I know that Revoltechs are traditionally mainly ABS, but it appears that the Muv Luv ones have been down graded to PVC.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote