View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 17:29   Link #1217
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
To "ban all guns" would imply something akin to medieval Japan. Where no one, not even the military, could use them.

Guns are necessary in the right hands for people to do their jobs. Thus no, I don't want to ban guns.

But I DO want to make it nearly impossible for normal people to get them without a good reason. And no, "I want to some day able to shoot someone who invades my home" is not a good reason.
sigh, would you slow down and at least try to get on the same page that everyone else is on? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just intentionally tossing out red herrings.

We're talking about civilian gun ownership, what does the military have to do with it?

You're more than welcome to your own opinion on whether people should have the right to self-defense, suffice to say I disagree with your opinion, and we can leave it at that, but I'm not gonna let you derail my original point:

Why is it ok for the likes of alcohol, tobacco, and junk food to cause hundreds of thousands of deaths every year in the US, with minimal to no regulation governing their use/ownership, while guns should be banned even though it's already subject to much more stringent regulations, and causes far less deaths than the former? A straight answer would be great.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote