View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 07:12   Link #23399
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
But that doesn't serve as a reason for him to blame Birdway, not a bit.
So he say he knows the risk, so he say he is naive... and he still guilt trip Birdway on top of that? I guess things like this happens when you skip logic, right?

What Birdway did is certainly immoral, but what Touma suggested is something far more irresponsible. And in the end, he is angry NOT because Birdway didn't provide the best solution, but he is angry because Birdway didn't offer a solution that make him feels good about it. He become fixated on demanding a response from Birdway that can satisfy him that he has completely forgotten his original point on saving people.
Trying all other options first? Do you know Gremlin's operation already started? That progress has already been made at Hawaii? You are asking for other options when immediate counter measure is necessary?

Birdway's manipulation of events in Hawaii actually reduced the casualty by bringing someone there to stop Gremlin. Really, compare to two cities getting burned up, it is a pretty good trade from the entire US caught in a coup d'état and becoming a theocracy controlled by vengeful magicians.

Really, usually I am pretty fine with Touma's rant in general. But he really cross the line this time. Blaming the lack of your personal satisfaction onto a girl. This is just wrong. Especially he understands there are casualties either way, and base on his own ideology, he is in no moral high point to blame anyone as he can't save everyone either.
You seem to have missed the point. Birdway, all by her lonesome, decided on a path that led to numerous sacrifices of people, not because she had no choice, but because it was the most convinient. She didnt even try to find a better way. At this rate, what she's doing isn't much different than what Othinus is doing.

Quote:
That doesn't beat my argument that IB is not Othinus's top priority though.
I mean, I can ask the same type of question in: why hadn't she waited until Touma had destroyed the sword, instead of arriving there first to destroy the sword in person? Or I can say, she can come in anytime during the entire Baggage City arc, but what motivated Othinus to finally do something is Marian going nuts.
I won't say she has absolutely no concern over IB, but it certainly is not something that is high on her priority list.
It's called killing two birds with one stone. It's true she only went there because of Dainsleif, but Imagine Breaker must weigh on her mind. After all, she made sure to crush Touma 's hand to release the Invisible Thing. If Imagine Breaker was really low on her list, she would have let him destroy Dainsleif and then kill him from behind.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.