View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 05:46   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mind you, at some level, that does seem a bit absurd to me. How could you envy a girl who went through the hell that Haruka did? Wow, the girl was viciously abused.
Logically speaking, one would have the "right" to do that when they are going through the same kind of hardship. If you have a little idea how conservative and "traditional" old cast type family can act, and use that slap scene as the hint, you get the idea.
Quote:
This arc makes me wonder if there's even such a thing as child protection services in Japan. Not only that, but I hate it when one of the central conflicts in an anime narrative would have been solved by a simple DNA test. Does the Japanese culture have something against DNA tests?
That wouldn't work without the permission of the said persons. Any attempt to use DNA material without the consent of the said person would break the law, something that a family like the Saigusa wouldn't take the risk, especially after what happened with Shou already.
And since they kicked out the other 2 parents, it is unlikely they would "lower" themselves into calling them back for checking it out.