Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 13:57   Link #26175
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
If bragging was a sure way of getting killed then Steven Segal would be so dead he would need to hide like Salman Rushide
I don't think Segal would ever take a mentally ill ex-marine to a gun club for a "charity" benefit for the security firm he was working for (don't know if Mr. Kyle owned any portion of the company or not).
That's exactly what happened to Kyle.
He knew this guy Routh, and knew that the ex-marine had PTSD, yet he took him to a shooting range and gave him access to a gun (not stated what kind yet).
It is a real tragedy that he got killed, but part of me keeps thinking that Kyle should have seen this coming.
Routh was not the first veteran suffering from PTSD that he's tried to help, and perhaps he'd had luck with other veterans suffering from PTSD by getting them out to the range?

Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

Deadliest sniper in U.S. military history is 'shot and killed point-blank by veteran suffering from PTSD' at Texas gun range

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2JrTCPx29
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
@ GundamFan0083 to br honest, I though than a guy than was in the SEAL would be brighter than that, bright enough to not make such claim.
He had a lot to be proud of, and guys like that have been trained to have confidence that rivals an egomaniac, and they need that level of courage to do what they do.
Problem with what happened to Kyle is that he let his guard down with a guy who obviously should not have been at a gun club for any reason.
It is my understanding that Kyle did great work with veterans' groups.
CBS interviewed one of Kyle's friends, Travis Cox, about the incident.
Cox said the followin:

"What I know is Chris and a gentleman — great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield — took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them,"...

"Chris was literally the type of guy if you were a veteran and needed help he'd help you," Cox said. "And from my understanding that's what happened here. I don't know how he came in contact with this gentleman, but I do know that it was not through the foundation.

"It was just two great guys with Chad and Chris trying to help out a veteran in need and making time out of their day to help him. And to give him a hand. And unfortunately this thing happened."

He will be sorely missed by many people.
I just wish he hadn't been so damn cocky (saw him on the Opie and Anthony show, he came off like an A-hole when he was there).

Quote:
Bank scandal helps surge by Berlusconi ahead of Italy election
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9100QN20130201
Are the Italians really going to elect him again ?
Yikes! Guess Italian politics is rife with scandal, though I don't think the bank scandal will be enough for Berlusconi to win.
Only time will tell.

__________________________________________________ ______________

[BDefense Secretary Panetta Admits Information from Waterboarding Led US to Bin Laden (Video)][/B]

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...n-laden-video/