View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 10:58   Link #1546
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
I see, so it sounds like the prevaiiling emotion that you felt was admiration or emphathizing with the same emotions of your favorite characters. That's interesting because I never felt that those characters were ever much of a plus or minus in their routes. That's also ironic because I felt that the scenes of violence (Instead of the characters in your case of the routes you favored less.) in these routes were much more gratuitous and therefore juvenile. I think arguably all of the fight scenes in the game were juvenile, except maybe Kotori's route which was much more suspenseful with some terror, which I really enjoyed. At least in Chihaya's route the fighting matched the tone of the rest of the route, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much, it just felt so natural there. I think I agree that outside of the fighting that the Akane and Terra routes had a more mature tone, but that really conflicted with the fighting that seemed really drawn out and chuuni-ish. Am I getting that right? Or did you guys feel amped up during the fight scenes as well? Maybe the fight scenes are a lot easier to ignore when you can fly by them, eheh.
Spoiler for All routes:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote