View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 18:23   Link #3069
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Read it again. I said she would sacrifice herself for his sake at the end of the story. It's called a bitter-sweet ending, and the alternative is "no resolution" or "incest".
You call it bitter-sweet, I call it tragedy. And you seriously think that in a show which is strongly tilted towards Mary-Sue results is going to do a full reversal at the end? Makes no sense storytellingwise and would cause a _gigantic_ fan backlash and destroy the franchise.

No way in hell. Sorry.

Quote:
I highly doubt Miyuki will die. But she isn't the main character here, in any sense of the word. Tatsuya is. That was what I was saying.
And exactly BECAUSE Tatsuya is the main character, Miyuki is safe. The story has been nailing down that Miyuki's safety is all that matters to Tatsuya, and it has attracted a huge following of fans who sound like they masturbate to Tatsuya's almighty powers every day (read even this board under this aspect and you'll see what I mean). Going back on either of these 2 iron rules would cause tremendous upheavals. I just don't see it. Nope.