View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 10:48   Link #29165
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageous View Post
I'd prefer to pick up the MG. I think the plastic uses to mold the HG kits is different from the MG one. I tber it being a bit more brittle and prone to discoloring to white when I cut it. However, I might be imagining things or my memory is wrong
I've had my fair share of HG, SD, and MG over the few years I've been into GunPla. I have to say that even if I'm wrong, I too feel like the plastic quality is cheaper in the SD and HG line compared to the MG.

If you want to get into MG, why not go for the MG's from your favorite series? Many of us who are from the US started with Gundam Wing so the current line of "EW" Master Grade lines are the choice to go for.

I'm personally a fan of Wing, 00, and Age so I only get the MG's from those series and so far I've had a blast! They're really good. I especially like 00 quite a bit as many can tell you and the MG's are awesome. I really like the LED gimmick that you can optionally purchase.

If you want a decent MG to start with, go with MG Age-1 Normal. Its inner frame isn't detailed, but it still features the MG spirit.

00 MG's on the other hand are very detailed and has lots of parts. =D

I guess if it was up to me, I would start with MG Exia. If you can, get the Ignition Mode version.