View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 01:01   Link #14
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's not about being unfair. It takes work to make a software available on multiple problems and maintain them.

The same thing is happening in the mobile space where iOS/Android and Webkit are dominant in the OS and web rendering engine categories, respectively.
I can easily tell you that it is about being fair.
Once the game is completed, it would of course take more work and effort in order to make it available on more than just one or two platforms, and that is something that the companies are well aware of, so they don't do it. The profit from the most used Software users is already satisfying.

It depends on how the game was written and its size a bit, but I can tell you that making the game possible to run on other platforms is way not as much work as creating a good game itself. Now, looking at how big the game companies are nowadays, I think I could safely say that it is Fairness we are talking about here. I know two games for example that are worldwide known, CD-Downloadable, and run on almost all platforms. That is only because the two companies releasing them truly showed that they care about the spreading, not only profit.
I can also tell you that they got really positive feedback from the users regarding that.

Keeping things short, game companies are big nowadays, it would only take fairness, for them to show that they care to make the games playable on multiple platforms. However, it is all about the profit nowadays, that's why we Usually don't get this.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote