Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 08:48   Link #5082
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, they aren't perfect, but compared to KMM's showing they are. Besides, they do pull some nice stunts in towing the Tiger in formation, in smoke.

-Snip-

By the time Ep10 rolls around, KMM already has a undeniable trend of underachievement. Do you really think they should win?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The show is clearly portraying Blackforest as a team that is less diciplined or skilled than we expected them to be.

Yes, they were champions for a long time. But the Nishizumi Style had the glaring issue of focusing on the hardware rather than the crew. Maho is trained, no doubt tutored by her mum at home. But it seems the rest of her crew did not have the same level of proficiency.

I dare say the argument is that currently the Orrai team have better-trained crew. IF they win, it would be because BlackForest dropped the ball and isn't as elite as their expensive tanks suggested.
See, this is the funny thing, what was KMM fielding against Pravda last year? A Tiger, yes, but also Pz3's .. I'm not sure you can clearly say that the kit they had was much more advanced. Right, they lost that year .. was it Miho's fault? Maybe, maybe not. Not going to debate that .. but let's raise one question: KMM has clearly been the undisputed champions until now.. How could they accomplish it with their old kit if their tactics are really so awful?

So that's the odd bit, if KMM's tactics are so bad, where did Miho learn what she learned? Something isn't jiving properly vis-a-vis KMM's performance and their historical record. Either the storytellers are making a convincing showing of KMM deserving to lose or there are other circumstances, ala "forced conscription" + "tons of new vehicles" involved. It'll be interesting how this all ends. That said, it's interesting seeing the Hetzer, it reminded me of infantry fieldcraft - "Grenade!" *scatter*