View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 05:20   Link #2914
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I now move the discussion about the Eyes of Alice over to the fanfic thread!

For now I just want to work out the major details that are important not to work against. For one I'd want to know the proper stances that each sect of the church would have against the EoA as well as AC's stance on it as EoA has basically achieved what the city's founder has wanted since time immemorial. Hence my comment before on the abilities thread about it ripping a hole in the plot.

What makes EoA somewhat under science is that it's a natural human ability. Basically an issue of psyche. Err... Alice Madness? The user has in a manner of speaking, regressed into a state where the world isn't filtered to a state where the mind perceives what should be important and what shouldn't be. It can see the AIM fields and energies of other users. Something I wanted the OC to use against accelerator. In a manner of speaking, EoA isn't purely mystical in nature, it is also biological.

How she meets Touma I haven't quite fixed yet but definitely not transfer student. Most likely the nondescript background classmate that was never mentioned. The character after all doesn't want to stand out. Her childhood is mostly hiding in her room trying to hide from the "visions". Everyone she had talked to it about either ridiculed her or thought she was crazy. Academy City sounded like a place that could help her so she told her parents that she wanted to study there.

EDIT: Erm... I guess the best way to describe Eyes of Alice is that it's primordial. A separate entity of its own not completely unlike the IB, but not identical to its nature either. Should another copy the eyes and transplant it into themselves, they'd just be transplanting part of it and the "decoder" is not included, causing a normal human mind to be overloaded with information even from a sealed state.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-21 at 05:35.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote