View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 12:11   Link #40
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

IMO, I do think the essence of the endings in Psycho Pass and SSY are the same. Change did not happen. SSY though, ran with its ending in a way fitting to the essence of the entire series itself. In Psycho Pass however, it just seems like they creators didn't know exactly how to end (though it also strangely fits; just not as much as SSY).

In Shin Sekai Yori, we were never gonna get a happy ending to begin with. No one is correct in a war. Both sides did terrible things to each other. It's just that the realization of that fact itself made the ending very worthwile.

In Psycho Pass however, we were lead to believe that there was a change that was going to happen. I really think the creators ran into a wall towards the end since there probably wasn't going to be a fitting ending of sort if or not Sibyl System was taken down since if the creators show an aftermath, I highly doubt that the creators can make something of believabilty. They just chose the best non-ending they could get and I guess they really got the best one.