Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 01:30   Link #4342
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Isn't that a common reaction to scouts that fail to scout properly? Though I have to say it IS annoying when I'm on the receiving end of such jibes... except the Comet I'm using isn't a scout... Hmm.

Never really could see the draw of pure scouting, but I suppose that's more because my PC's not the best for that kind of gameplay, especially with the unexpected stalling, etc. Personally, I prefer being to hurt things back, which is why the AMX autoloaders are kind of a good fit (though I'm still embarassed at my showing with the 75).
I do a lot of bush scouting in the 38nA and the T-15. Did more active scouting in the original Leopard and PzIII. Preferred the bush method, with view range enhancements and camo. I also can see how, with the new, more combat-capable Leopard, someone might want to hang back a bit and vulture kill late in the game, but... it was also the only vehicle on our side that stood any chance of getting a visual without getting obliterated.

I often take it upon myself to do half-court runs in the Cromwell, which at least stands a chance. As far as pure scouting goes, though, I've got 400+ games in between the 38nA and T-15, and it does get interesting trying to figure out how to survive without fighting. Though the 15's MM means it can be used to fight well if it has to. The 38... hide, spot, run, hide, spot, troll arty, run, etc.

I get a little frustrated if it is a Tier 8 Port game with no arty, but I will at least try to do something.

Now the 2801... still have not found a happy medium with that thing.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote