View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 19:42   Link #22
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's nowhere near the end guys. According to the author, it hasn't even begun. Too early to say who wins when there's a lot of story left. This season raised a lot of flags for both Sena and Rika, especially the former. Like any good rom-com, we will most likely have Yozora, Yukimura, and possibly Kobato/Maria flags incoming. For those of us who are Sena fans like me, let's enjoy the warm and fuzzy feelings while they last, for the ship will be rocked by tumultuous waves next time as other ships have their turn

Although I knew the ending through browsing through the Chinese translations, it only occurred to me just now how much this ending resembles OreImo and the Kirino-going-overseas arc. I've pointed out numerous times before how similar Haganai and OreImo are, and I've previously attributed this to the unexpected emergence of an extremely popular character in each series, which led to certain detours in the storyline in order to capitalise on their commercial value. As we all know, in the OreImo arc, Kyousuke ended up chasing after Kirino to get her back. Whether the same will happen in Haganai is left to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write View Post
Can anyone offer some info on the light novels? If I wanted to start reading where the anime just left off which vol/chapter should I start at?
The anime covered the main volumes all the way to the end. You may want to read Haganai Next though, which is essentially a side story that gives some background to other minor characters.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki