View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 19:41   Link #2351
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Let me guess, is it the fandom?
Yes, though the show itself is mediocre at best. Besides its casts are 90% are males I don't see how it is "better" than any other moe slice-of-life shows like K-On!. At least K-On! have good though limited soundtrack.

Back to the topic Ouran High School Host Club failed to impress me despite its huge fanbase and high ratings in almost every anime review sites like MyAnimeList, Anime News Network, Anime-Planet and Anime-Source for examples. I can understand how teenage girls and young women love it but at least from my observation men also suspects as well. I should say this but I have no idea why it is so popular to male viewers except perhaps the love Haruhi, the "female" lead. I find Haruhi is the reason why I stopped watching that show. If it just Tamaki and his gang alone I would able to stomach it but Haruhi as heroine is a big no-no. I don't hate reverse harem genre but I think Tohru from Fruit Basket is a better reverse harem heroine than Haruhi as she had better personality. Ironically Ouran is actually not that popular to male Japanese viewers than non-Japanese ones, especially English-speaking ones. Some of my Japanese friend knows the show's existence but never actually saw it just because it never actually made for them anyway.