Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 12:57   Link #8610
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
The problem here is if that's the case, a characters growth is completely meaningless if they regress back into their own habits. Hell, that would practically mean it didn't happen to begin with.

I'd really like to see the girls function without the damn kid 99.9% of the time, but since this is by in large a harem series...
The finale was rather sexist. Yue is molested in her final fight, and then Negi effortlessly swoops in to save her because we hadn't been reminded enough he's that much better and stronger and smarter than everyone by now.

Ala Alba comes to be called 'Negi's Girls', defining their whole existence as sidekicks. Not even Ala Rubra spun so much around Nagi, but then again, most of them were MEN, right?

The end gave me seriously disgusting 'Negi is too good for any of them!' vibes, especially after the Sports Festival twisted most of them into immature abusive harpies.

Quote:
Honestly, you could put a semi-retarded chimp on a typewriter and get a better transition from one portion of the series to the next. Flat out giving us a conclusion to the whole song and dance and proceeding to pick it back up seems like the worst possible thing you can do with a series.
The author's words on the last volume seemed to hint towards any continuation being an Alternate Universe, though. Maybe picking up from some divergence point like Asuna's departure.

But I think that's just his escape way in case his next series tanks and circumstances FORCE him to do more Negima.

Quote:
Besides, it's that "cutting of ties" that's part of the problem. Why did those ties get cut?
The ties weren't exactly cut anyway, since the end says she kept on being his advisor.