View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 17:38   Link #67
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
also it's clear it was a joke because anyone seriously hoping to sit there and draw a bunch of burly men on each other would get his ability to draw such ''gay'' art so well laughed at and the entire insult would backfire.
Actually, those 3 dwarves was not drawn in response to the kotaku article, but something Kamitani already drew:

Quote:
In regards to the Dwarf image I posted on my Facebook page: This image was never intended to attack Jason. Originally, it was a promotional image that I created for my fan base in Japan, which I posted to the official Vanillaware Twitter account earlier.

We receive many requests from companies to create publicity illustrations for the game, but we never received any requests for the Dwarf. Also, as the game’s street date nears, most retail shops start requesting exclusive art for their retailer-exclusive bonus items. In Japan, these illustration requests can even be as specific as something like female characters in swimwear. In these requests as well, the Dwarf was nowhere to be seen.

So, I decided to unofficially draw a sweaty Dwarf in a bathing suit, with a bit of cynicism towards those retailer requests. I drew 3 of them to show that there are character color variations available.

However, this image is something I created on my own, and will not see the light of day in any publication. I felt it was a shame to just throw it out, and thought I’d just post it on my own Facebook. That’s when I remembered Jason’s article and thought that I’d post it as a little joke with a comment. I used an automated translator to try and make a lighthearted joke in English, but clearly that wasn’t the case. I was very surprised to see the crazy aftermath.
It is my firm believe that extremist/over-zealous pursuit of any ideals is generally counter-productive to their goal, this includes the everything-must-be-up-to-my-standard-of-political-correctness crowd. I'm sympathetic to women's right and I very much believe in equal rights for all regardless of race, gender, religion and sexual orientation. But stunts like this only makes me annoyed at these "feminists", and inspires me to do little more than thinking "lolwtf? gtfo".
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote