View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 21:17   Link #1205
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I can't help with the first question, since I don't know Japanese, but I don't think the designs have to be colored, and any description would help I'd think. However, I don't know if the judges will actually look at English language entries. The pessimistic little voice in me thinks just because they have an English version of the contest rules doesn't mean the organizers will go to the trouble of getting foreign language entries translated.

As for the illustration tag, the best way is to just copy paste the ガルガンティア乗組員 tag into your list of tags when you submit the illustration. I think it's a lot easier for Japanese fans to find fanart of the series they're interested in if your tags are in Japanese, since that's the language they'll do their searches in. If you don't know the Japanese name of a series I'd look it up on Wikipedia and copy/paste in the Japanese title in the tags list. Another good idea is to look at what kind of tags other fanartists have used for a series. For example, some pairings have specific tags on Pixiv, and if you have a fanart of that specific pairing it makes it easier for people to find your work if you also use the correct pairings tag.
Thank you so much!

Will anyone be attempting to submit anything for the contest?

Although I'm unsure what kind of character designs are more eye-catching to the Japanese. Something typically cute/handsome/boyish? Or something more sexy/motherly/experienced?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote