Thread: Licensed Break Blade
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 08:55   Link #928
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, Krishna already have capable strategists and tacticians. It's actually good that Rygart is only a pilot since there wouldn't be much conflict of interests or any jealousy arise in the story. Also, aren't most Gundam pilots simply pilots?
Nope, they are (with few exceptions) monsters with psychic powers. Rygart is more interesting in that metter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Rygart will never become a complete solider, look at the underlying themes of the series its very clear and its already clear that Rygart will be haunted by several tragic incidents for the rest of his life but will come to terms with it. Rygart is the type of person who can never be okay with taking someones life thats his personality but he will do what needs to be done when push comes to shove. If Rygart is his countries only hope i would flee he is just a pilot and an average one at that. Its his machine that gives him the advantage in battle.
Isn't it same for many soldiers? To be happy about killing isn't factor that decide persons worth as soldier. Actualy fact that he is still able do it when it come to it is.

Quote:
This is where you are mistaken Rygart is normal he is just a civilian, the only thing that makes him special is he is an unsorcerer which allowed to pilot Delphine. One man alone can not rescue a country Rygart was successful because of the people around him he is a hero but being a hero alone will not save his friends, his family and his country from destruction. Not sure why you think hes the only hope for the Krisnia. remember technically Rygart is not a good pilot, so him being the only hope for his country is debatable.
While I agree overaly, Rygart IS elite pilot. Maybe he never will be on pair with Borcus or Zess, but it's obvious that Delphine can't get all ovation. If yout think about that even fact that he were able adapt Girche fighting style tells a lot about his skills. Also Rygart can be hardly considered normal civilian after war changed him so much. Proof is how hard time he had adapt to peace times (drinking and stuff)

Quote:
Again, you are missing the point behind what Sigyn tried to do for Rygart, i think you need to read the chapters again. What she did was necessary to bring Rygart back from that dark place he banished himself too due to the events of the war again its called PSTD and there are certain ways it needs to be treated. If it were not for Sigyn he would not have recovered due to everyone else trying and failing to get him back on track and to stop his drinking and fighting. I dont have a problem with Sigyn dying for the right reasons and if its advance the story but i whole disagree that her dying is the only way for Rygart to advance himself there are multiple ways.
To say that "everyone tryed and failed" is wrong. What PTSD need most is time and I belive Rygart friends and comrades provided enough support. Only thing that Sigyn done si provided Rygart with distraction anything would do including another war. Tat said I am not trying denny her merit here.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-05-31 at 09:37.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote