View Single Post
Old 2013-06-01, 13:48   Link #2996
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

A-drei being a prince would really be no different from Prince Harry being in the army. His squad mates probably don't bow to his every desire and need, and I'm sure they make fun of him too. But in the end they still work together, there's a mutual respect as soldiers, and they all follow orders.
I thought of the "Prince Harry" analogy too, but I still think it's different. A-drei is not just in the army, he's in a branch of the special forces that trains children at a young age to be perfect killers and strip them of their identities to make them simple alphanumeric codenames. The special forces that he's in are not only extremely dangerous and seem like lifetime jobs, but even the training is potentially lethal. That's not something you would place a potential heir to the throne. Especially as we have seen no other royals than him, his sister, and the Emperor, and with A-drei being the eldest he should be the heir apparent, but he's not, and no one other than his fellow teens calls him "prince", so I think that he might have more than likely lost the position (probably unfairly) for some reason.

I think the royalty of Dorssia is just as it looks, with the Emperor as the autocratic head, the prince and princess either being his children or siblings, and it even looks as though he has a council of some sort in one scene. I don't think this show is going to go that deep into the politics, so I would just take it as it's shown.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote