View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 01:41   Link #32524
magnum12

Count me as amongst those who didn't like Chiru and hate the Yasu culprit theory. Admittedly, a good positive for the former is that Bernkastel is an excellent villain. Hate the Shkannon theory because it plays really loosely with red, feels like just a giant servant conspiracy (a rather boring and cliche solution in the genre), and what happens when you take time to deconstruct it (note that I'm going Evangelion/Watchmen/Puella Magi Madoka Magica grade in terms of deconstruction), what it boils down into.....is not pretty.

How I went about it was by boiling down the love battle into what I felt was the core component, which can be identified by the commonalities. The core commonality IMO, is "lies", some of which can be very cruel, especially the ones regarding Jessica, which ask the question "what did she do to deserve being the victim of the worst of all the lies?"

Assuming a Rosa Prime theory, I think I may have found a way to link Battler and Eva to the cover up, or at least in terms of not letting the world know. Eva was motivated by guilt over her rather heavy contribution to pushing Rosa's mental state over the edge via extensive and cruel abusive treatment as a child. I believe it is stated that Battler knows about Rosa's past since Rudolf has told him about it. IIRC, Rudolf said something about how Rosa as a child was a vastly different person than the Rosa of 1986. All of this of course assumes a "chain of hate" + "PTSD additive factor" + high stress scenario + the word "Beatrice" having all the characteristics of a "trigger"= toxic mental time bomb that got detonated scenario.

Last edited by magnum12; 2013-07-22 at 01:57.
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote