View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 08:17   Link #32528
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
And ontop of all that, she doesn't get any sort of comeuppance and her loss at the end of the story doesn't even cause her to learn anything or change as a character.
The strangest part of all of this is that we end up getting character growth out of Lambdadelta, the last person I would've expected to get any. Hell, she probably has the most change out of any meta-character short of Battler or Ange. I'm not complaining because I kinda liked it, but why her of all people? It just makes Bern's u-turn into Snidely Whiplash territory even more noticeable.

They sort of try to explain Bern's hatred for Battler in Lambda proclaiming him a Witch of Miracles too, except (1) she was already acting like an asshole before that, and (2) you'd think she'd be well past the point of rising to Lambda's provocations, which was exactly what she was doing there. While screwing with BatBeato to spite Lambda makes sense, being so emotionally invested in it really doesn't.

But hey, Ryukishi pulled out the "lol imma cat arbitrary yo" card, so she can do whatever she wants right?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote