View Single Post
Old 2006-02-13, 14:06   Link #250
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
To bring up something different for a moment...

In chapter 379, the big fat zipper mouth guy (i think his name is teawase) was able to determine the cp9's "douriki" which was basically physical stength. A normal marine is about 10 douriki. Kalifa was 630, Blueno 820, Kaku 2200 and Lucci was 4000.

I'm sure whoever fights that guy will have his douriki measured. So it probably will be Luffy. It will be interesting to see his strength put in a number. His punch was able to break through Blueno's Tekkai, so he's at least 821.

If Whitebeard is indeed the strongest, I wonder what his douriki is.

Fortunately in the one piece universe, 4000 will not always beat someone who is at 3000. It's not like that in dbz where whoever had the higher powerlevel won. All Teawase measures is physical strength. Much like how your devil fruit power is as only as strong as how you use it.

For instance. Califa is without a doubt physically stronger than Robin. I can't recall Robin ever throwing a punch or kick (iv'e still yet to finish skypiea). But Robin's ability would be able to defeat califa.

It's great oda didn't paint himself into a corner, so to speak, like toriyama did in dragonball.
I AM BACK.......

This I have to agree with. Remember Douriki only measures the Athletics. Just because Lucci has a Doukiri of 4000 does not mean Luffy has to match that to defeat him. How many times have we seen Luffy defeat opponents far Stronger than him (Crocodile, Ener). I beleive now that Luffy is familair with the Cp9's Techniques he can adjust to their style as we seen the fight with Blueno.

The same for a Sanji and Zoro. Just because they are fighting someone with a Douriki of 2,000 or more does not mean overall that they are stronger fighters. Zoro matched Luffy at Whiskey peak when he had no bounty and Luffy had a bounty of 30,000,000. So just because Sanji and Zoro are fighting opponents with about the same Douriki power does not mean that Zoro and Sanji are rivals in fighting. Overall athletics, experience, skills, intelligence and most important Endurance comes into play in a fight.

Until we see Luffy and Zoro fight again to proove who is stronger no one should assume Luffy is automatically stronger just because he fights someone with a douriki of 4000.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote