View Single Post
Old 2013-08-17, 14:35   Link #139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
In case you didn't notice, in the real world the words "mental illness" carry a powerful stigma. I suggest you to never use them unless you actually know a person who has or has had a mental illness.
Ah, yes, Stigma. So now you see why Hanekawa's parents don't do anything, because they don't want to give her the "Stigma".

Guess what? If you care about stigma more than treatment, you doom people. People have died because they worry about stigma. People ended up hanging themselves because of a fear of stigma. Hanekawa's MOTHER died because of a fear of Stigma.

I care about helping people when they need help. I also know when the refusal to call a spade a spade ends in tragedy. What code word would you want me to use instead? How would you like me to propagate the stigma further by turning it into taboo, by making it something that should not be spoken in public?

Guess what? The Stigma is self-perpetuating. It is a stigma because you think it is okay to not say its name. Like it would go away if you treat it like Lord Voldemort.
Quote:
By the way, are you a troll?
Do you feel you are being trolled? You say I offend people by saying a banned word. I say I need to say the right word for the correct situation. And that you need to explain your demand for censorship.