View Single Post
Old 2013-08-30, 15:38   Link #590
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Eh. Dusk Taker and Chrome Falcon were only stand ins for a single intended purpose, so I can understand that some mistakes are bound to happen here and there.

(On a side note, I don't think there's an option to improve your DA's base form. You either use EAs, learn a skill, or use Special Moves for that.)

As for Takumu and Chiyuri, it would seem they are both Enhanced Armament users. As their respective abilities are already a part of their equipment, it would be weird if a gun didn't fire or something like that.

However, I get a whole different feeling from the two options. Silver Crow's wings, an ability born from his heart, carries 'hope', yet both the Pile Driver and the Choir Chime are equipment based on past experiences. I wouldn't say that Aviation is stronger numerically, but in terms of affinity with the Incarnate System it's far higher than Cyan Pile's weapon that consistently reminds him of his old wound, while his true desire is to be a swordsman, or Chiyuri's Citron Call that is based on her difficulty to face the future as it comes. Perhaps in exchange for a harsher trial, you obtain an ability that's more personal?