Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 12:26   Link #2191
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The announcement of Halo could also backfire as well. Previously, when Microsoft spoke of Halo, the only information they let loose with a remake of Halo 2. Now a couple of months after E3, they decided to announce Halo 5? It really indicate that Microsoft is on fumes right now.
Personally, I agree that it was a mistake for Microsoft to announce Halo at E3. However, the narrative coming out of the May reveal was that the Xbone was an entertainment device that had no games. What established franchises did Microsoft have at E3 to counter this perception? The only noteworthy franchises associated with Microsoft are Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Alan Wake and Fable. Of these, they already revealed Forza, so they needed something new for E3. Killer Instinct and Dead Rising had never been closely tied to Xbox, so they weren't going to be enough. Too bad for Microsoft that the Halo announcement barely made a splash.

Quote:
The last thing Microsoft need is people start speculating that this is just a rouse to bring back attention to the system and Halo 5 isn't near ready until next Holidays next year or even 2015. I find it hard to believe that Halo 5 is ready for 2014. Halo 4 started production in 2009 and it wasn't until 2012 it was finish. The announcement of Halo 4 was on June 6, 2011 a good two years of production before announcement.
I think that it'll be as important for Microsoft to release Halo before Black Friday 2014 as it is to release the Xbone this November. No doubt they'll move heaven and earth to make that happen. If releasing Forza in an unfinished state goes over without too much problem, they'll do the same thing for Halo. Will Halo be rushed? Almost certainly. Will it be buggy and unpolished? Quite likely. However, it will be out.

Quote:
It has been less than a year and they already announce Halo 5. They better hope this isn't like the The Last Guardian of the PS3.
The Last Guardian has the same problem as Versus XIII: not enough people working on the game. This won't be a problem with Halo as 343i has hundreds of developers, and I'm sure that Microsoft will pull in more people if they feel the need to do so.