Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 12:44   Link #2192
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Personally, I agree that it was a mistake for Microsoft to announce Halo at E3. However, the narrative coming out of the May reveal was that the Xbone was an entertainment device that had no games. What established franchises did Microsoft have at E3 to counter this perception? The only noteworthy franchises associated with Microsoft are Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Alan Wake and Fable. Of these, they already revealed Forza, so they needed something new for E3. Killer Instinct and Dead Rising had never been closely tied to Xbox, so they weren't going to be enough. Too bad for Microsoft that the Halo announcement barely made a splash.

I think that it'll be as important for Microsoft to release Halo before Black Friday 2014 as it is to release the Xbone this November. No doubt they'll move heaven and earth to make that happen. If releasing Forza in an unfinished state goes over without too much problem, they'll do the same thing for Halo. Will Halo be rushed? Almost certainly. Will it be buggy and unpolished? Quite likely. However, it will be out.

The Last Guardian has the same problem as Versus XIII: not enough people working on the game. This won't be a problem with Halo as 343i has hundreds of developers, and I'm sure that Microsoft will pull in more people if they feel the need to do so.
If they do release Halo 5 next year and it is not ready, it would be a slap in the face to loyal customers and be more destructive for them later on. Even if they announce Gears of War for next year, doubt it would even change the perception. Fable may bring some excitement, but not enough to turn the gears back in their favor.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote