View Single Post
Old 2013-09-04, 19:49   Link #490
Night Blitz

First off I'd like to say that the main reason why I just signed up for this forum is to properly thank both relentlessflame and SigUp (as well as many others) who contributed their thoughts on the finale and the Oreimo series as a whole. After the ending aired I was a bit....perplexed, but it was through reading the interpretations here on the series that I gained a higher respect for the author.

I want to thank relentlessflame especially for translating the crucial author interviews and for helping me (and I'm sure others as well) grasp this story better. I hope you guys continue your contributions on this forum, because it seems I learn something new everyday about this series that I hadn't thought of before. (I lurked on this forum and have read most of you guys's posts on the finale)

As someone who started watching Oreimo after noticing this huge internet backlash I checked out the series to see what it was about. I'm a very picky guy when it comes to TV, anime, games and movies so the fact that I was interested in this series was well....interesting. From the beginning I saw through Kirino's tsundere act (and immediately got the feeling she liked Kyousuke as a man) but the part of the series that got my interest was whether Kyousuke felt/or would feel the same towards her in the end.

I always treated Oreimo as a work of FICTION. Some people like to say that guys with little sisters wouldn't like this series or wouldn't approve of their relationship, I say that's incorrect in my case. I showed my sister who happens to be 3 years younger than me, she's 21, this series and explained what happened while I showed her some clips. She loved it and felt that as a narrative it was well done. That lead me to conclude that one needs a type of maturity to appreciate this series and what the author intended to do.

My thoughts on the ending, I had to read everything I could get my hands on in order to appreciate the ending. Basically after all was said and done I loved it.

As someone who only watched the anime I was perplexed by the ending at first. But then I let it sink in and I started thinking (something few popular series force you to do since everything is laid out) and the more I thought and looked back, the more I loved the series. I looked for author interviews through the big G, which lead me to this place to read the translated views the author shared. And then I read the different thoughts and interpretations people made on the series and I started learning more. I think relentlessflame said it best when he mentioned something along the lines of, "the series was like a puzzle that needed the last piece in order for it to make sense. The decision by the author to keep key cards close to his chest until the very end created suspense, anticipation and hype, while rewarding the viewer/reader with replay value by encouraging us to go back and reread/rewatch the series and catch the hints we missed"

I'm going to stop here because I just seem to go on and on. But basically I'm glad to have found this place and hopefully I'll enjoy my stay.