Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-03, 21:02   Link #769
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
... also is it just me but did pyrrha's voice actor drop quality in that scene.
I didn't really notice any difference in the quality, it seemed pretty natural considering the situation, but I'm so disgusted with the episode that I'm not gonna go watch it again just to re-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
I'm a fan of Jaune, and much as I love the focus on him (and Pyrrha) these two weeks, I do agree that the drama feels forced. In a school like Beacon, I kinda expected things to be different from normal school.
I was a fan of Jaune's, and I am still a big fan of Pyrrah's, but the so-called "drama" of a blackmailing bully is so pathetically ordinary Monty oughta be ashamed of himself. The whole aspect of Jaune being a cheater (which, like the bullying itself, is also pretty much unbelievable that the school didn't know) was a plot-twist that I did not see coming, but the bully blackmailer is just to, hmm, corny I think is the word I want to use.

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't mind a drama that arises from Nora breaking Cardin's legs.
I wouldn't mind seeing Nora breaking one and Pyrrah breaking the other.

Quote:
I hope a Rooster Teeth doesn't drag this for too long (and that it'd finish next week, though unlikely).
Last week I thought that they might tidy this farce up with this episode, since we were informed of an upcoming tournament, for which I would have thought they would have spent the rest of the episodes on. Plus, there are supposedly only four more episodes to go for this "season" of RWBY. But no, they are going to waste at least another episode on this joke plot. Of course this will probably be the overriding plot for the next four episodes since Jaune doesn't have the necessary male anatomy to man-up and do the only thing that would cut this crap short: confess his sins to Professor Ozzie.

Quote:
I'm hoping for something surprising now-- even if it's no longer new.
Well, considering the surprise we got with this episode, I don't think I'd be wishing for any more surprises, new or not, since, like this episode, another surprise might just drag this show deeper through the muck and mire of poor writing and directing.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote