View Single Post
Old 2013-10-11, 06:44   Link #869
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Also, I wonder why did they made Sasword a scorpion? They could always use mantis, you know.
From what I remember, it’s a play on words. “Sasoriza” is Scorpion Zodiac in Japanese, so I assume the creative team took that word and combine it with “Sword” as the main weapon into “Sasword”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Oh, and I only just watched 1 "Old-gen": Super-1. It is pretty good, actually. Has a weird vibe that seperate it from Hensei.

But I would gladly choose Hensei (excluding "Neo-" one) everyday.

Oh, I have a question: What is the darkest Hensei series? I think it is Faiz (specially the movie), follows by Decade.
Also, Fireminer, they call the newer line of Kamen Rider series as “Heisei” Riders, not “Hensei”. The word Heisei is based on Japanese Era from which span from Meiji -> Taisho -> Showa -> Heisei. The Heisei era itself started on 8 January 1989, the first day after the death of the reigning Emperor, Hirohito. His son, Akihito, succeeded to the throne. In accordance with Japanese customs, Hirohito was posthumously renamed "Emperor Shōwa" on 31 January (see Wikipedia). That's why the Kamen Rider & Ultraman series which started airing in that era are called Heisei Riders (Agito, Faiz, Ryuki, etc) & Heisei Ultramen (Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, etc).

So, once again, the correct one is “Heisei”, not “Hensei”. A lof of tokusatsu fans know that. Now, I’m correcting you for your own good. You don’t want to keep saying “Hensei” Riders again and again and get misunderstood or laugh at by other fans, do you?