View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 14:38   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
9 shows over 4 years is significantly more than 0 over the next 4 (going by jedinat's list).
Well, in fairness, it's a bit about how you define it. For example, are you going to include Kanamemo, or exclude it? Or what about YuriYuri (I mean, the claim is right in the title)? To claim Saki is not a yuri show also seems a bit crazy, and even something like Strike Witches or Vividred Operation don't fall that far behind.

So it's basically just a matter of where you draw the line, and if you're content with excessive teasing or need things to be made clear. I don't necessarily buy Eragon's argument that "the majority of anime fandom is ass-backward", just that they can probably appeal to an even broader fanbase with the teasing shows (since it allows people to ship whatever pairings they want or imagine what might happen off-screen, and often this is more fun to many than seeing it actually play out).

I know a good number of pretty hardcore yuri anime fans who have been totally pleased by the anime scene over the last few years... but again, it depends on what exactly you want. If you're happy with excessive teasing, then there are shows in abundance, even if there may arguably be less shows that clearly and unambiguously "cross the line".